Developing Business Efficiency with Restaurant Checklist Software
Restaurant checklist software is a restaurant management software that employs task management tools including a checklist app to help restaurant owners remain organized. Restaurant industry professionals that aim to maximize profitability and bottom-line productivity in a variety of ways, including decreasing food costs, developing a task management system, increase food safety, and saving time on employee management.
What is a Restaurant Checklist?
Restaurant industry professionals know there are a plethora of important tasks that must be performed daily in order to continue restaurant operations. There is a multitude of responsibilities for restaurant owners to remember, delegate, and perform, whether they own one food service business or thousands.
A restaurant checklist or management app is an organizational tool utilized by restaurant industry professionals that contains a to-do list of tasks and processes. Generally, there are three main types of restaurant checklists for both opening and closing shifts-
- A front of house checklist completed by the floor managers or senior sever
- A back office or back house checklist completed by the sous chef or chef
- A manager checklist completed by the general manager on-site
Restaurant checklists are customizable to a specific restaurant and the duties necessary to maintain its continued safeness and success. Tasks on the checklist should be broken into groups, for example, designating cleaning, security, and financial subcategories.
In these subsections, place tasks in the chronological order, they should logically be completed in. Once completed, print and laminate the checklist. Prominently display the checklist in a widely known established area of the restaurant, providing markets for your staff to mark off completed items as they work down the list.
When properly used, restaurant checklists can-
- Organize complex opening and closing procedures
- Streamline daily tasks and processes
- Maintain food safety compliance
- Decrease labor costs
- Decrease food costs
- Increase efficiency
- Increase overall profit
Everyone makes mistakes, even the best employees or business owners. The use of a restaurant checklist can decrease human error by more than 33%. When your business runs more smoothly guest engagement and satisfaction will increase.
Below are examples of a front of house or bar procedure checklists divided into task categories to help you get started-
- Sanitize all tables and chairs
- Position chairs on top of tables
- Clean non-slip bar mats
- Clean spills underneath the grate
- Sweep floor
- Mop floor
- Reposition tables in accordance with restaurant floor plan
- Empty rag buckets located at server stations
- Wipe down checkbooks
- Empty coffee, soda, and ice tea machines
- Clean coffee, soda, and ice tea machines
- Clean guest and employee bathrooms
- Empty all trash cans (including bathrooms
- Shine glass windows
- Remove pouring spouts from liquor bottles
- Clean the pouring spouts
- Seal open liquor and wine bottles
- Restock fridge with any canned beverages
- Restock liquor and mixer inventory
- Return customer menus to the menu holder
- Refill napkin dispensers
- Refill salt and pepper shakers
- Check all staff has reported tips
- Distribute tip-outs
- Closeout floor register
- Closeout bar cash register
- Return all receipts to back office storage
- Store registers in a safe location
- Store cash in a safe location
- Lock alcohol cabinets
- Bolt doors used to access restricted areas
- Activate alarm system
Online employee scheduling software that makes shift planning effortless.
Try it free for 14 days.
How Checklist Software Can Improve Efficiency
Investing in restaurant checklist software can provide a multitude of improvements to help manage restaurant tasks. Implementing software will provide a digital copy of procedures and tasks, accessible from wherever staff performs opening or closing tasks. As checklist software provides remote access, restaurant business operations can be monitored from offsite in real time.
The checklist will help restaurant employee management, encouraging efficiency, and producing fewer errors by supplying a clear list of tasks and processes. Restaurant staff will not feel confused about what tasks they are individually responsible for and will not repeat tasks accidentally.
Audits and reports can be compiled within the software, allowing owners and managers a comprehensive view of restaurant operations over time. The software also allows the ability to incorporate food safety compliance alerts, such as logging refrigerator temperatures, as critical issues.
Should your temperatures fall outside of the standard food safety ranges, the program will trigger an automatic audit failure and notification so professionals can take the necessary corrective action.
Restaurant industry professionals can implement smart software solutions to address the widespread issue of employee accountability in the workplace.
82% of people say they have limited to no ability to successfully hold others accountable while 91% of people rank accountability high on their business's development needs. The system holds restaurant staff accountable, instead of dedicating employee management delegation solely to restaurant managers.
Decreasing the need for unnecessary supervision or management creates more productivity and a better working environment for everyone. Restaurant professionals may also consider using checklist software to incentivize or reward outstanding staff members.
As a result of this efficiency, restaurants and their patrons will improve. The establishment and implementation of a proper restaurant checklist digital software that includes a logical succession of tasks and processes benefit all restaurant staff members.
- Restaurant managers utilize restaurant checklist software to streamline every day tasks, maintain food safety compliance, and optimize standard operating procedures.
- Restaurant checklist software is a restaurant software that employs task management tools including a checklist and management app. Restaurant managers that aim to maximize profitability and bottom-line productivity in a variety of ways, including decreasing food costs, systemize task management, increase food safety, and saving time on employee management.
- There are three main types of restaurant checklists for both opening and closing shifts- a front of house checklist completed by the floor managers or senior sever, a back of the house checklist completed by the sous chef or chef, and a manager checklist completed by the general manager on-site.
- The use of a restaurant checklist can decrease human error by more than 33%.
- Implementing software and utilizing a management app will provide a digital copy of procedures and tasks, accessible from wherever staff performs opening or closing tasks. As checklist software provides real time remote access, restaurant professionals do not need to be onsite to access, monitor, or amend the checklist.
- A management app and checklist software also allow the ability to incorporate food safety compliance alerts, such as logging refrigerator temperatures, as critical issues. Should your temperatures fall outside of the standard food safety ranges, the program will make sure an automatic audit failure and notification is sent for you to take corrective action in real time.
- Foodservice businesses can implement task management software to address the widespread issue of employee accountability in the workplace. 82% of people say they have limited to no ability to successfully hold others accountable while 91% of people rank accountability high on their business's development needs.
- Everything You Need to Know About Task Management Software
- Why You Should Have a Project Management Task List for Your Business
- Tips to Ensure Employee Accountability at Work
- Where Business Leaders Fail When Ensuring Employee Accountability
- Ways to More Effectively Manage Your Business Tasks
- How to Take Your Store to New Heights with Retail Task Management
- Developing Business Efficiency with Restaurant Checklist Software