Daily Checklist Template- The Secret to Never Forgetting Anything Again
The importance of a daily checklist template
A daily task checklist template is a list of workpieces that are to be completed in 24 hours. It can vary from listing items to be purchased from a grocery shop to task listing on the workshop floor or listing things to be completed in a recruitment drive, etc.
The basic idea is that a checklist template doesn't let you forget anything that is required to be done. You simply need to put essential items in a process or practice in a checklist template and use it to tick off as and when they are done. It is scientifically proven that a Task checklist enhances work efficiency, increases productivity, and reduces errors, or work-related worries. The design and use of checklists are central to the business of high-risk industries like medical care, maritime transportation, power production, arms and ammunition, space flights, etc.
As per a research study by the University of Mami, improper or misuse of a pre-flight checklist is responsible for major aircraft accidents in the aviation industry.
Do you know?:
What's included in the daily checklist template
What do you expect from a daily checklist template? You want it to help you in daily planning, place items on the list, make healthy choices, report task progress, and keep your motivation high.
Checklist apps come with a wide range of offerings and user experiences. Some are stimulating and offer pre-set programming while some are minimalistic, flexible, and allow personalization. Further, some are super detailed and others are generic. Well, amid this, all daily task list templates shall have the quantifiable listing and tracking features with oh-so-helpful reminders.
Typically, a daily planner task list template comes in three forms-
- A classic task list with a checkbox
- A table-form checklist
- A color-coded checklist
Name of the checklist- It is the first thing that represents the purpose and usage for which a given checklist is created. It helps to identify it and get the one checklist to differentiate it from the other.
Date or Period Range- The purpose of mentioning the date or period range is to determine the period of completing a particular task. It can be a daily planner, weekly checklist planner, or monthly planner to track the task checklist.
List of tasks to be completed- A checklist template will have this component necessarily with the details as follow- Added tasks, subtasks, their due dates, and time of completion.
Recurring Task- In case, a particular task or series of tasks is to be performed again and again then that will be mentioned in the daily checklist.
It’s tough to keep track of everything you need to do in a day
These templates will help you remember what needs to be done each day and provide a step-by-step guide for how to get it all done
Daily checklist template in Google sheet
Checklists come in handy in multiple situations. For instance, when trying your hand at a new recipe, learning a new skill or taking teaching lessons, or tracking robust data trails, it is important to adopt a daily planner app to set an upward trajectory.
Typically, a Google Sheet daily checklist templates comes with rows, columns, and all checkboxes. You simply need to add the task and mention the date in front of them. It contains templates like- budgeting, invoicing, wedding planning, analysis generation, report generation, and more. Templates for daily tasks on Google Sheet are customizable. You can also create your own use template using a blank checklist and keep track of your daily tasks.
How to create a Google Sheet daily checklist template?
Google Sheet is simple and easy to use. You create your daily checklist template in Google Sheets and access them online from anywhere, anytime using the steps written below-
Open the google drive> click NEW> scroll down to Google Sheets> Click the side arrow> Select Form a Template'. Under the option 'Form a Template' you will find a ready made template. You can further scroll down to select the To-Do-List under personal category.
Daily checklist template use cases
Use cases of the daily list template are numerous and range from individual use cases to business use cases. Below are some of them-
- Digital Marketing Agencies use daily planners to list all the necessary activities to formulate and run quality marketing campaigns consistently.
- On the production floor, checklist apps do wonders. They ensure that everything is included while maintaining compliance and following the guidelines.
- Website development companies use checklist templates to ensure that they followed the client's instructions and have not left any items untouched.
- Wedding Planners use a daily task list template to pre-decide upon What all shall be done? In which sequences? Under which budget? And, till when?
- Customer Service Centres use checklists to decide upon how to handle emails, and their follow-ups or set the team members accountable.
- Human Resource Managers build concrete checklists to list and track the activities required to be done to manage manpower in an organization.
- Project Management Consultants use an inspection checklist to ideate and score the success of the listed tasks. Moreover, it is also used for Demand Planning.
- During budgeting, a checklist app lets the managers play entirely safe and disburden the business owner by looking into each minute's financial detail.
- Home cleaning services prepare a cleaning checklist to make certain that each item is cleaned as per the need and frequency.
- Restaurant owners when dealing with multiple food item productions never forget to cross-check things with a daily checklist to perform functions like food preparation, maintaining adequate ingredients, ensuring food safety, handling kitchen equipment, etc.
You’ve got a million things to do, but you keep forgetting the little things
A checklist is an easy way to make sure you don’t forget anything
Daily checklist template in Word
Daily tasks can be listed on Word or Excel templates. For that you need to follow this path-
- Open Microsoft Word> Click the Developer (This tab is visible on the toolbar next to View. In case, it is not visible, then click File>go to Options> Customise Ribbon> Check the Developer option)
- Now, on the Developer Tab, click the Properties. In the Content Control Properties> Select Change.
- Look for a symbol in the Symbol box and press ok. Select font in the Font list and press ok.
- Repeat the steps for each check box and fix things.
Types of daily checklist template
Commonly, there are five types of checklist templates-
- To-do list- A most simple and common type of list wherein you simply put in what is to be done without necessarily fixing their order and frequency of occurrence.
- Task Checklist- It is an extension of the 'to-do list'. In this, procedural and sequencing details are also mentioned along with a to-do list.
- Training Checklist- This checklist is used to train employees on a specific skill. It contains technicalities, along with procedural details and evaluation criteria.
- Coordination Checklist- In a situation, when multiple team members with diverse skills are working on a single project, a coordination checklist is prepared to ensure seamless task execution.
- Troubleshooting Checklist- This checklist is prepared in anticipation of any process flaw or procedural fault. In short, it points out the potential reasons for any problem and ways to deal with them. It ensures preventive maintenance for a safe work environment for everyone.
You have a million things to remember, and you don’t know where to start
The Daily Checklist Template is the perfect solution for keeping track of everything on your plate