The Best Food Apps to Keep You Filling Full While On-the-Go!
What are best food apps?
People lead busy lives, barely having time for leisure now, and are always looking for solutions that will make their lives easier. One solution making their lives easier is door step delivery of goods and the pandemic has only increased the demand for the service. In this scenario, food delivery is also not far behind. Pandemic saw an increase in the already growing demand for food order delivery. Statistics show revenue for food order delivery is expected to have a 7.5% annual growth rate. The demand for food delivery also saw an increase in the number of food apps that provide delivery service. A food delivery app lets customers order from local restaurants at their convenience. The restaurants get the order on their restaurant apps and prepare the food as per the customer's specifications, like gluten-free food or extra spicy buffalo wild wings. The food apps provide pick-up and food delivery.
The best food apps should have an easy interface for customers to order, manage the orders properly, and give food delivery on time. The food app should also offer rewards programs like cash back, gift cards free food, free drinks, or free delivery so that customers order on the delivery app again and again.
The importance of best food apps?
Studies have shown that the practice of food order delivery is not going to stop even after the pandemic. As per a study conducted on food delivery, 33% said they will order more in the next one year. Let us now look at the reasons why we need food delivery apps in our lives.
- Increased demand- As the pandemic abates, people are adjusting to the new normal and many still prefer to order food delivery at their convenience rather than wait in long queues at the local restaurants. You can order food while you are on your way back and you will get it by the time you reach home. This saves you the hassle of cooking and also gives you food as soon as you reach home.
- Future potential- The delivery apps are not limiting themselves to just order delivery from local restaurants. They are also offering delivery of groceries or daily use items. Many apps moved over to grocery order delivery during the pandemic and that is here to stay. People can place order for delivery and pay online via credit card or payment apps and get it in minutes.
- Convenience and transparency- A food app is great for customer engagement as it is convenient and transparent. After you order delivery, the app provides tracking so you can Make Sure where your food is, if you have any complaints about the order, the food apps also provide customer support and offer cash back or gift card the next time you use app.
- Streamlined process- Ordering on a food app is a streamlined process where you choose the menu items you want, place in your instructions for food preparations like gluten free bread or spice level. The app sends the order and your specific instructions to the local restaurants and then track your food till it is delivered. The order app also provides customer support for any inconvenience caused to the customer and also offer incentives like free food or buy one get free one offers. Most food delivery apps nowadays also provide a Food Safety rating for the local restaurants.
When you’re on-the-go, it can be hard to find healthy and wholesome food
These food apps provide everything from recipes to grocery lists, to keep you on track with your healthy lifestyle goals
10 best food apps in 2022
A good Food App serves not only the customers, but also local restaurants and fast food chain restaurants like Chick Fil A, Burger King, Taco Bell and Panera Bread. The best food app for your business should provide the following-
- Ease of use- Anyone who uses a food app should get the best user experience. The food delivery app should have a user interface that is simple and users shouldn't have to search for menu items or payment options. The app design shouldn't be too cluttered or distracting.
- Payment security- An order app shouldn't be just easy to use, but also provide security for payment and any personal information entered on the food app. To keep users on your delivery app, it should have the best payment security model which will make them feel safe with order delivery system.
- Track orders- A food delivery app should also have features like food order tracking be it preparation or delivery. The food app should also carry a Food Safety rating so that the customers feel safe while ordering food from the local restaurant.
- Consider the above points to find the best food delivery system that suits your food service business. We have also listed below best known apps for food delivery in the market today.
1. Yelp app
Yelp is a mobile app that is a one-stop platform for customers to discover and transact with local businesses, be it local restaurants or dentists. The app is popular with customers of all age groups, and over 45% of customers surveyed said they visit any restaurant or bar only after searching on Yelp. The food app also provides deals offered by local businesses. The food app lets you filter search results by distance, rating and price among other. It also provides reviews written by a community of locals.
OpenTable is a food app that started as an online restaurant reservation service but it also offers a list of local restaurants that provide order delivery. The order app provides recommendations according to your preferences and helps you earn points that can be redeemed for future meals, discounts, and more. The app can be accessed on Android and iOS platforms. The app also lets you get a feel for the restaurant by providing photos, menu items, and reviews.
Planning healthy meals can be difficult
The best food apps make it easier to eat healthy. These apps make it easy to find healthy, wholesome recipes that are practical for a busy lifestyle
3. Just Eat
Just Eat is an online food delivery marketplace that connects consumers and local restaurants. The food app, available on Android and iOS, provides personalized search options and money saving offers. You can pay cash on delivery or online through credit cards. The app provides tracking for your food order and customer reviews about local restaurants. One of the food apps recently launched in the US, the order app provides simple user interface and many discounts and coupon codes.
It is a food delivery app that has a presence in over 200 cities and has just been launched in the US. The food app charges users for their orders, while local restaurants have to pay a commission. The app lets you order delivery from fast food chains, local eateries and takeaways. The order app also provides grocery delivery from the shopping partners. The delivery app also offers search options as per your favorite cuisine or dietary needs like gluten free food and promises fastest delivery time.
The app lets you search for and navigate your way through the local restaurants, food and tourist sites. The app provides short tips by customers who have actually been to the restaurant and provides hyper localized recommendations. The food app lets you save the history of the places you have visited. The app is available on Android and iOS.
It is a Massachusetts-based food order app and mobile payments platform that was acquired by GrubHub. It is now an app aimed at bringing in new customers and increasing their loyalty by setting up reward programs. The app provides restaurant information and analytics about customers, like demographics and name email, so you can understand them better. The app also helps restaurants manage business by providing information on business activity.
Uber Eats is a food delivery app operational in 1000+ cities. It is the go-to food app for order delivery. Some features that stand out for the food app are group orders which allows groups to split the cost. The app is best known for schedule later' feature that allows customers to schedule a delivery time. It allows to pay with your Uber account or a credit card and track your order in real time. The app is available on Android and iOS.
8. Trip Advisor
The travel advisory app makes your life easier whether you are on a planned tour or on-the-go by offering options for stay and food. The app lets you know of deals at local restaurants or where to order food from if you are staying at a rental or friend's place. The app is also great for a planned tour and helps you budget for food and provides a list of local delicacies you must try. The app also provides reviews and photos of the local food places you must try. If you take the paid plan, the app provides you discounts and more perks.
9. Chefs Feed
The food app is known as Anti-Yelp' for providing expert reviews of local restaurants and food. The app has original videos and stories, dining guides featuring menu items and restaurants recommended by local professionals. The app helps users plan a perfect night out wining and dining based on guides from famous chefs. User can use the food app to find new places nearby and gain access to original food video content. The app also provides recipes and restaurant reviews by professional cooks.
DoorDash is one of the more famous food apps and is present in over 300 cities like New York and Montreal. It is also the largest food delivery company in United States. The order app provides a list of on-demand food delivery or pickup from local restaurants, grocery and convenience stores. The app accepts online payments only and is available on Android and iOS. If you have never ordered, then the food app gives 25% off and no delivery fee on your first order. They also have a subscription pass through which you can make sure you don't have to pay any delivery fees.
Eating healthy is not always the easiest
These best food apps make it easier than ever to eat healthy on-the-go. They offer a wide variety of recipes, grocery lists, and more to help you stay on track with your diet